Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Media Literacies

a older gentleman with white beard looking shocked
The New Media Literacies video, by the NML staff, had talked about skills of New Media, some of which I have never heard of. These skills I think are good to have if you are living in the 21st century.
The skills this video talks about are;
Judgement
negotiation
appropriation
play
transmedia navigation
simulation
collective intelligence
performance
distributed cognition
visualization
multitasking

I can say that some of these skills I have encountered and already do well, for example multitasking. This skill, I believe, is a crucial part of living, you need to know how to do more than one thing at a time. It keeps the brain working and always thinking, I think.

I think these skills are necessary and can be very beneficial both as a teacher and a student. I can't say that I have all these skills, I definitely need to work on most of them, so I can teach it to my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment