Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Can Wikipedia Be Trusted?

A picture of the world in a puzzle form from wikipedia
Every time we have an assignment for our classes, the teachers will always say not to use Wikipedia because it can be changed by anyone. This has been happening since I've been in High School and still today, and it's my third year here at South Alabama. Having read these three articles, NPR News blog, NPR Article and the Wired Article, I really believe that all those teachers are absolutely right, I don't think Wikipedia can be trusted at all. You never know who is making changes to these entries. You can not trust someone that may not know anything about what their changing. You may can look up simply defintions or simply task on wikipedia but as far as actually doing a important report, Wikipedia may not be the best source to go to. I wouldn't use Wikipedia for my assignments, or suggest it for anyone to use. Having sources that are and can altered shouldn't be allowed to be used as a crediable resourse.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review Tiffany. I highly recommend you use Google Scholar and the library's many database resources for research related work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete