Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kelly Hines "It's not about the technology"

this is a cartoon picture of a computer

I really enjoyed the post Kelly Hines wrote. Some of the things Mrs. Hines mentioned I agreed with extremely. We should not only be teachers but learners. I strongly believe that as a teacher you will learn something new everyday and be willing to or you want be a successful teacher. I believe that if the student didn't learn anything then nothing has been taught, even if you taught for three hours. I totally agree with Mrs. Hines.

Also, Mrs. Hines says that Technology is not the key to education in the future which i agree with 100%. I feel as though some teachers are heavily dependent on technology to help because "it's there", convenient, and also easily assessable. I think I wont allow myself to be caught up with so much of the technology that seems to consume a lot of people/teachers, because then you loose your creativity.

2 comments:

  1. Good job. Please make your graphics ADA accessible. Remember... TITLE = "Graphic retrieved from..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog post. I hope you won't close yourself off to the rich opportunities that technology has to offer. Instead, find deliberate, creative, meaningful ways to integrate technology to foster learning!

    ReplyDelete