Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Karl Fisch "Is it okay to a technologically illiterate teacher"

this is a picture of a man with his mouth open wide and a help sign on his forehead I had mixed feelings on Mr. Fisch's post. I do agree with him, in the fact that teachers should be technologically literate and we should know the basic skills of using different kinds of technology, but my question is should we rely so much on computers to do all the work, it's taking away from the teacher becoming creative and finding new and exciting ways to teach the material. But I do see the importance of using technology in our classrooms and how it will help our students become more involved. Technology can be a very helpful and useful resource.


As a soon to be teacher, I would think that I should know all the basic standards of technology that may be placed in front of me for teaching purposes. And I do believe when I do start teaching that I will definitely incorporate technology into my lessons so the students and have that experience. I just want be so dependent on it as most teachers are today. So Mr. Fisch's post was really good and I do agree with him, just don't think we should be so heavily dependant on technology as we all no can not be the most reliable thing to count on.

No comments:

Post a Comment