Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Podcast

I have never listened to a podcast before so this is all new to me.

Smart Board Lessons Podcast was very interesting and understandable. They made it very relataeable , funny and they were energetic about what they were talking about. It's a great podcast for teachers that are working on the end of the year things to do. The website that was given about allowing teachers to give their insight and ideas called Teachersconnecting.org was a great tool for teachers to use I thought. Smart Board Lessons Podcast seems like it would be a fun way to teach the students I would use it. I found this Podcast very useful and interesting.

KidCast is using video podcast to teach. Which personally for me would be a better way to learn other than audio podcast cause when your just sitting there listening you can become easily distracted and also can become mis-communicated because you don't see the body language of the others your talking with. Using video podcast I think would make the students more interested in learning if they could talk to someone over the video/Internet. And you know that their attention is focused on them other than wondering off. I find KidCast so useful in our classrooms today cause students like to be involved.

This Week In Photography was almost like a talk show. I found it could be very useful in our education system now. Its really interesting to me how they engage photos as a teaching technique. They gave useful websites that teachers could go to and find some photography that could be very helpful. I feel that if the students feel as they are interacting and engaging in the lessons they will learn faster. Pictures having them look at the picture point things out will get the students engaged.

MacBreak Weekly I'm sorry I wasn't interested in this podcast at all. I did not really get anything useful from this podcast. They didn't get straight to the point and wasn't focused on what the topic was about. They were kind of scattered, they would talk about it then get off subject. Maybe people who are interested in this topic found it useful and it could help. I just didn't. It was my least favorite podcast that we listened to this week.

I really enjoyed listening to all the different Podcast. My favorite was the KidCast. I think it would really get not only the students interested but the teachers interested also.

1 comment: